Financial, Planning and Analysis, Director
Accounting & Finance
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
We are a well-funded Series A startup on a mission to make e-commerce logistics more human-friendly and efficient with AI-powered robotics.
Founded by leading robotics researchers, we are growing our team of dynamic and compassionate tech enthusiasts to deploy human-centered robots at scale. Join us in helping people handle more throughout the supply chain!
We are seeking a FP&A Director to join our team as we develop robots that empower people to handle more. This is a key leadership role in the finance organization focused on forecasting, planning and analysis. The role will lead the financial management process to optimize strategic and operational financial decisions across the various verticals of the company. The company is growing rapidly, the Director will need to look for ways to become more effective by improving the FP&A process and implementing best practices. The successful candidate is able to translate complex business scenarios into financial models and communicate effectively with non-finance stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the forecasting, planning and budgeting process
- Cash forecasting and financial models, including balance sheet and cash flows
- Continuously improve and enhance the financial model
- Manage key performance indicators and provide visibility to the company’s leadership team
- Partner with business leaders to understand the business and model the financial implications
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to assist in management decision making
- Budget vs Actual analysis for current and prior year
- Continuously improve business processes
- Manage project allocations
You are a good fit if you have:
- A degree in finance, accounting or a similar discipline
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- CPA is a plus
- Strong process and detail oriented
- Eagerness to learn, solve challenging problems, and lead with curiosity
- A desire for career growth and ownership of your work
- Excitement about amplifying human potential with state-of-the-art robotics
- Advanced financial modeling in Excel is a must, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Strong financial and analytical background
- Implementation of financial modeling tools is a nice to have
- Strong experience working as a business partner in delivering better business decision support and enabling strategic initiatives
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer benefits such as:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with 5% matching by Ambi
- Unlimited PTO
- Access to a full gym at HQ
- Free parking on site at HQ
- Free lunches 2x per week
- Equity ownership
Ambi Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Ambi Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.