Legal Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Our mission is to change the way business deals get done. In an industry plagued by inefficient and ineffective contract management systems, we provide a solution that accelerates, scales, and protects the business, enabling contract professionals to become their company’s superhero.
We create cutting-edge AI technology that makes contracts searchable and simplifies deal-making processes to supercharge business while helping to reduce costs and manage risk. We automate manual work, facilitate collaboration, and streamline operations so businesses can make better decisions.
By reimagining legal documents, we take the stress out of contract management, empowering brilliant people to do their best work while fueling exponential growth.
As a Product Manager, you’ll work with a dedicated team with ownership of core features within the Evisort platform and continuously deliver on key Product initiatives through the entire development process.
You’ll also act as the bridge between Product and our go-to-market teams (Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience) and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure that the launch of each Product initiative is as successful as possible.
Strategy & Prioritization
You will be required to balance the complexity of our architecture while maintaining our commitment to keeping the platform simple to use.
You can break down company-level strategic objectives into discrete product initiatives that can be scoped, planned, and executed.
Market & Customer Understanding
Your ability to engage directly with our customers to understand and empathize with their needs is critical. You can deeply understand what they need, even if you don’t always build exactly what they ask for.
You also complement your qualitative customer engagement with quantitative data analysis, and broader market research to fully understand not just what our customers need today but what they’ll need tomorrow.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to Evisort’s Product vision & long-term strategy:
- Track market trends and identify new opportunities
- define value propositions, and build cases for new product initiatives.
- Lead the Product development process from end-to-end: from research & discovery, through active development, to go-to-market launch of new projects.
- Research over opinions: Be the Voice of the Customer within the company based on research and regular interaction with our users.
- Prioritize, build, and execute project plans. You break complex solutions into discrete phases that deliver value incrementally.
- Work as part of a fast-paced team that delivers leading-edge contract intelligence solutions. You don’t accept the status quo — you use creativity and ingenuity to challenge & disrupt it.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Evisort and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Continuously improve Product development process to elevate how product managers, designers, and engineers work together.
- 5+ years of experience as a PM, with a track record of planning, building, and shipping enterprise SaaS products. Bonus points if you have experience working on legal software products.
- A bias for action coupled with a shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it —so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Technical product or project management experience, and prior experience working alongside technical teams. You have enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture considerations and trade-offs that may impact the performance and scalability of the platform.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize to deliver customer value as quickly as possible, while considering technical and business trade-offs.
- Excellent sense of user experience; strong opinions (loosely held!) of what makes for optimal user interactions based on customer workflows.
- Experience with software tools like Slack, Productboard, JIRA, and Notion
- A leader by example; you approach work with a no-ego attitude and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, even if it falls outside of your primary responsibilities.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem-solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- Business model development
- Workflow and operational process development
- Project management with key customers accounts
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly, especially when conveying the customer value and business impact to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of scaling a business, but excited to tackle them as we continue to grow rapidly.
- Driven to make things better; you gravitate towards continuously improving whatever you lay your hands on, whether it be our Product, our practices & processes, our team culture.
- Honest, values integrity, and doesn't cut corners. You do what's right for our customers and the business, not what is quick or easy.
- Naturally Curious and inquisitive. You ask “why?” a lot. Like, a lot.
And someone who is:
Evisort is an E-verify employer. Your eligibility to work in the United States will be verified through the E-verify system if you apply and are selected for a position in the United States.
See more open positions at Evisort
Something looks off?