United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Our mission is to change the way business deals get done. In an industry plagued by inefficient and ineffective contract management systems, we provide a solution that accelerates, scales, and protects the business, enabling contract professionals to become their company’s superhero.
We create cutting-edge AI technology that makes contracts searchable and simplifies deal-making processes to supercharge business while helping to reduce costs and manage risk. We automate manual work, facilitate collaboration, and streamline operations so businesses can make better decisions.
By reimagining legal documents, we take the stress out of contract management, empowering brilliant people to do their best work while fueling exponential growth.
We are hiring an associate-level in-house counsel to join and grow our legal team as we transform the legal industry. As Commercial Counsel, you’ll be expected to collaborate with our General Counsel to build a technology-enabled legal organization that serves as a partner and accelerator to the Sales, HR, Finance, Marketing, and Executive teams at Evisort.
You are a lawyer with several years of experience in a fast growing B2B technology company who’s excited to create and grow an exemplary legal department that is a technology-first, innovation-focused, and partnership-driven legal professional to support our fast growing company.
You’ll be expected to cover a wide spectrum of responsibilities from drafting and negotiating customer and vendor agreements to compliance and regulatory issues. You will take into account the practical considerations of any legal issue and focus on being a partner and collaborator with the business organizations, coming up with creative solutions and focusing on the bigger picture in any decision.
You should have a bias for getting things done, being creative in getting to a yes, and taking action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves. No task is too big or too small - your focus is on moving the company forward and helping us build an amazing product, experience, and organization for our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Evisort’s internal business, operations, and executive teams to structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements (vendor, consultant, etc.), data processing agreements, business associate agreements, complex sales/customer agreements, and licensing/marketing agreements
- Partner with and advise the company and various internal teams on data privacy best practices, processes and compliance efforts
- Work with internal business clients to identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals and pursuing opportunities to scale
- Build and collaborate with the team to evolve the legal function, by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and create processes, with a technology-first, enablement-first approach
- Draft and update contract templates and improve Evisort’s contracting processes and policies
- Interface with and manage outside counsel
- Obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of Evisort products and strategic objectives
- Plan and implement our IP protection strategy
- Analyze and provide guidance on evolving laws, rules, regulations, and trends impacting the business including finance, tax, governance, data protection, etc
- JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar in the United States
- 3+ years of experience in practicing law
- Experience in-house at a high growth company
- Deep knowledge of and experience with commercial technology agreements and data privacy. Experience with financing is a plus
- Comfortable with and sufficient knowledge of non-corporate (e.g. data privacy and IP law) to tackle routine issues and know when to defer to subject matter experts
- Business minded - ability to assess the risks and provide practical advice and solutions with a focus is on helping the business
- Excellent negotiation skills, business judgment, and the ability to make decisions and give practical, actionable advice
- Outstanding communication - both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hard-working environment
- Proactive personality - eager to learn new areas of the law, and committed to understanding Evisort’s industry, business and growth opportunities
- Passion for getting things done and avoiding unnecessary red-tape and bureaucracy
- High technical aptitude - you’ll be expected to perform the legal function using and even building on state of the art technology including the Evisort platform
Evisort is an E-verify employer. Your eligibility to work in the United States will be verified through the E-verify system if you apply and are selected for a position in the United States.