Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for talented 3D artists with game development experience to join our architecture visualization team and help create high quality environment art assets and materials. Candidates should have an exceptional understanding of material and asset creation within an Unreal Engine pipeline.
We support remote work for this position as well as having formal office space in Atlanta, Durham, and San Francisco.
*Candidates must submit an online portfolio, and may require an art test*
- Create and refine detailed photo-realistic and representational scenes and assets that are visually and technically industry leading
- Creating and revising models, textures and materials for interactive environments
- Ensure that assets meet the performance and memory requirements
- Contribute to improvement of environment art pipelines and asset quality
- 3+ years professional experience creating high quality, game ready environment assets
- Have shipped at least 1 major project using the Unreal Editor/Engine
- Can demonstrate an incredible portfolio with the best examples of realistic 3D environment creation.
- Able to work independently to a high level of quality solving visual and technical challenges
- Self-driven with strong communication skills and are comfortable working in an environment of honest feedback and iteration
- Detail focused with an eye toward accuracy and consistency with the ability to build assets from physical samples or reference images
- Experienced in hard surface modeling and UV creation using Maya and Zbrush (or equivalent 3D programs)
- Experienced with a standard PBR based realistic texture/material pipeline and toolsets (including Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer)
- A passion for interior and architectural design
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.