Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
HUMAN is seeking a talented infrastructure/platform engineer capable of writing complex Go and Python code for internal solutions as well as designing and implementing our DevOps standards and infrastructure, primarily based on Kubernetes. In order to help the company achieve a modern, unified infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced Kubernetes solutions.
- Research new technologies and take our infrastructure forward.
- Use Go and Python languages to develop in-house solutions and complex code layers for high-scale and real-time environments.
- Develop various solutions for our unique production challenges, including FinOps, custom scaling mechanisms, networking automation, etc.
- You’ll be part of a team responsible for defining the technology vision of the company infrastructure and making it happen.
- Use multiple cloud providers.
- You will Collaborate with R&D to improve stability & reliability of the system.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience as a back-end engineer.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS / GCP / Azure).
- Experience in designing and building GitOps CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins,ArgoCD,GitHub Actions).
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform, Pulumi, Crossplane, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and its ecosystem (Helm, Kustomize, GKE, EKS…).
- Self-direction, ambition and an eagerness to learn new things.
- Proven experience in maintaining highly available production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional Software Engineering experience.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.