Senior Director, Pricing Strategy and Monetization
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
The Product team at HUMAN is passionate about the Humans we hire to protect the internet. The Product organization at HUMAN comprises Product Managers, Product Designers, Product Content Managers, and Product Operations Managers. We love to learn, collaborate, and build large-scale security products & solutions.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer as a Senior Director, Pricing Strategy and Monetization for the Human Security Product team, you’ll work with go-to-market leaders including product marketing, finance, and revenue leaders to analyze and evolve our product pricing and packaging to drive sustainable growth and improve the customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Lead the monetization strategy, packaging, pricing, and discount strategy based on business goals.
- Chair the executive pricing committee, propose and drive agreement on pricing and packaging recommendations.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research, model monetization scenarios, and execute programs.
- Define and monitor key pricing metrics to derive insights and identify opportunities for pricing improvement of existing offerings.
- Drive market intelligence efforts in partnership with key stakeholders from marketing, customer success, and sales.
- Partner cross-functionally to enable revenue teams and customers on pricing and packaging changes.
- Own the project management of any new pricing and packaging proposal through the various stages of stakeholder involvement to ultimate market roll-out.
- Construct and manage automated and scalable means to measure pricing performance.
Who you are:
- Experienced pricing leader, with a track record of working on early stage products in dynamic environments and growing them to maturity and strong growth.
- 12+ years experience in B2B software with 6+ years of experience in pricing and packaging domain.
- Prior experience and knowledge of SaaS pricing, usage-based pricing, self-serve and sales-led go-to-market motions, and Enterprise customer buying behavior.
- Experience building pricing models, tools, and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Ability to operate as both player and coach, i.e., get into details to advance projects directly while coaching your direct reports and cross-functional partners.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related business discipline.
- Having a Masters in Business Administration is an added advantage.
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, we have teams in Tel Aviv, Israel; London, UK; Victoria, Canada; San Mateo, CA; Miami, FL; and Virginia. We trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The total rewards package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer weekly lunches, flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays (for our U.S. and Intl. based HUMANs), HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $225,000- $245,000 which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.