Marketing & Communications, IT
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
We are seeking a talented Technical Writer to join our dynamic team, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer. As a foundational member of the Technical Writer Charter, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the user experience by crafting comprehensive documentation that supports product functionalities, streamlines onboarding processes, optimizes day-to-day operations, and facilitates product discovery.
What you'll do:
- Develop clear, concise, and comprehensive technical documentation tailored to various audiences, including developers, security analysts, and DevOps engineers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and designers, to gather technical information and insights for documentation creation.
- Continuously improve existing documentation and create new materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and alignment with product updates and enhancements.
- Work proactively to identify opportunities for enhancing product usability, functionality, and user satisfaction through effective documentation strategies.
- Contribute to the growth and expansion of the Technical Writing team by sharing expertise, providing mentorship, and participating in recruitment activities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, English, Technical Writing, or a related field.
- Proven experience (3 years) in technical writing, preferably in the cybersecurity or software development domain.
- Strong passion for technology and exceptional writing skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and understandable documentation.
- Proficiency in documenting APIs, SDKs, command-line interfaces, and other technical components.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and experience working in Agile teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious
- A perpetual learner and teacher
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, we have teams in Tel Aviv, Israel; London, UK; Victoria, Canada; San Mateo, CA; Miami, FL; and Virginia. We trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The total rewards package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer weekly lunches, flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays (for our U.S. and Intl. based HUMANs), HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $150,000- $168,000 which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.