About the Job:
We are looking for a Finance Manager to roll up their sleeves and become a critical member of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team whose charter is to provide LaunchDarkly leadership with financial and strategic support. This role will report into the Director of FP&A.
- Support planning and budgeting by owning expense reporting, variance analysis, and forecasting.
- Identify, model, and track expense drivers to improve forecast accuracy.
- Build models to support investment decisions.
- Partner with the Recruiting/People team to manage workforce planning.
- Partner with the Marketing org to build scalable spend management operations and drive efficiency around marketing program investments.
- Serve as an Adaptive administrator and implement system improvements.
- Contribute to and drive process improvements where FP&A is an owner or a stakeholder.
- Closely collaborate with Accounting on month-end close to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, or related.
- Minimum 5 years of FP&A experience. Saas industry and startup experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Able to design and implement processes that can scale.
- Highly collaborative and proactive in building effective relationships bringing clarity where there is ambiguity.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Prior experience with ERP and financial planning tools, ideally NetSuite and Adaptive. Experience with CRM and BI tools is a plus.
- Based in US
- Willing to travel to Oakland office
Target pay range for a Level P4 in San Francisco/Bay Area: $133,000 - $156,000*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.