Enterprise Solutions Engineer (Pre-Sales) - London
About the Job:
As a Solutions Engineer, you will educate and guide prospects on the proper implementation of LaunchDarkly's SaaS product and Private Instances. You are passionate about trends and technologies involved in modern application development. You will be the technical voice during our sale and ensure our customers are comfortable with the way our systems work. You are passionate about the developer tools space and helping development teams eliminate risk and deliver value.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster.
Software powers the world and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software.
- Evangelize and advise customers on the importance and different uses of feature flags and how to administer them
- Create solutions to customer's challenges implementing feature flags across large monolith and microservice applications, large organizations, and different technology stacks
- Become a domain expert on LaunchDarkly architecture
- Demo LaunchDarkly product to technical and business audiences
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly and communicate our value and features to potential customers
- Be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience consulting with enterprise customers and large development teams
- You led successful technical proof of concepts
- Proven success in building strong customer relationships
- Ability to learn and synthesize large amounts of information with little context
- Effective communicator with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts
- A self‐starter and problem solver, willing to take on hard problems and work independently when necessary.
- Experience working with teams that underwent development process transformation
- Familiarity with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, GO, JS, Python, PHP, Node, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android
- Experience with data persistence technologies like Varnish or Redis
- 25% travel required
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare "big-bang" technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get beer results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.