Solutions Architect - West/Mountains
About the Job:
Solutions Architects at LaunchDarkly are an elite team in our Professional Services organization who help companies achieve progressive delivery. You will be a key contributor to the Revenue team, applying technical product expertise to build relevant solutions for LaunchDarkly customers. You will be the go-to technical resource for the account team and customers, working in a mix of paid Professional Services engagements and being a trusted advisor to organizations on an ongoing basis.
By joining LaunchDarkly, you will work with software development teams at some of the most advanced companies across industries, including Technology, Finance & Insurance, Pharmaceuticals & Life Science, Entertainment, and more.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small, but growing, team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
- Couple technical knowledge with a consultative mindset to understand customer needs, gather requirements, and influence decisions.
- Deliver Professional Services engagements aimed at helping the companies we work with improve how they deliver software.
- Advise our customers on software development best practices and how to leverage LaunchDarkly to ship software more frequently and with reduced risk.
- Create a foundation for a strong technical partnership between LaunchDarkly and customers.
- Solve technical hurdles that are impeding value realization.
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly.
- Advocate for our customers by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
- You have a hands-on technical background with a consultative approach.
- You learn and synthesize large amounts of information and are adept at acquiring the context you need to make prescriptive recommendations to our customers.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, but the discipline and focus to know where you attention is most needed.
- You are a self‐starter and excited to take on hard problems.
- You are passionate about helping customers and have a strong sense of ownership.
- You can effectively communicate with experts from different backgrounds, and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- You have a technical background and are interested in a customer-facing role.
- You are a deeply curious individual, who is not comfortable with just getting enough context to give an answer. You feel the need to understand how things work underneath.
- You are familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with experimentation and mobile.
- You have worked with teams that underwent development process transformation.
- You are comfortable with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, Go, JS, Python, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android.
- You are familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- You have worked with the services of one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have worked with Linux, Docker, and Virtual Machines.
Target pay range for a Level 3 in the US western and mountain regions: $139,000 - $164,000 *On Target Earnings (OTE) includes base pay and commission*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare "big-bang" technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get beer results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.