About the Job:
LaunchDarkly is looking for a Fullstack Engineer with a passion for data analytics to join our team. We’re looking for people who want to build products that makes data-driven decisions intuitive and accessible for our 1000s of customers across a wide swath of industries.
The core technologies we use daily include Golang, Typescript, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, and CockroachDB. As part of our you-build-it-you-run-it culture, all developers may be responsible for supporting applications in production, including on-call. Off-hours on-call is optional and compensated in addition.
- Build and expand our data analysis products and APIs, written in Go, for our Measurement product line
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver user-facing features
- Collaborate with our data pipeline team to ensure data analysis accuracy and quality
- Monitor and improve server-side performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Strong desire to build customer-facing data analytics products and APIs
- Experienced with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js) and building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals such as data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- You have an appetite for learning and teaching
- You write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
Target pay range for a Level P4 in San Francisco/Bay Area: $173,000 - $204,000*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
Modern software delivery was supposed to be the foundation for a thriving digital business but reality has proven otherwise. Slow, inefficient development cycles, costly outages, and fragmented customer experiences are preventing developers from building their best software. The LaunchDarkly platform helps developers innovate on new features faster while protecting them with a safety valve to instantly rewind when things go wrong. Developers can target product experiences to any customer segment and maximize the business impact of every feature. And by gradually rolling out new application components, they escape nightmare "big-bang" technology migrations.
The LaunchDarkly platform was built to guide engineers to the next frontier of DevOps by:
- Improving the velocity and stability of software releases, without the fear of end customer outages
- Delivering targeted experiences by easily personalizing features to customer cohorts
- Maximizing the business impact of every feature through the ability to experiment and optimize
- Coordinating the release and optimization of software to provide consistent experiences across mobile platforms and device types
- Improving the effectiveness and productivity of engineering teams, by providing insights into engineering cadence and stability
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Learn more about the interview process & what it’s like to work with LaunchDarkly's Product Delivery team!
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.