Remote · Leesburg, VA, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
We’re pioneering a new category that helps engineering teams build and ship better code, faster. With founders who built and scaled early teams at PagerDuty, Amazon, and Shopify, we have first-hand experience of the problem that high-growth engineering teams face and a clear vision for how we’ll solve it. We’re already helping customers like Chegg, Keller Williams, Under Armour, Hootsuite, and many more improve service maturity, visibility, and team efficiency.
Our team is completely remote across the United States and Canada. While we do get together once a year in person, we also spend a lot of time doing things online to keep our culture thriving. Lunch games, Friday afternoon socials, and team lunches help us get to know one another as humans. We value the downtime that fuels our creativity, so you won’t find Slack pings at all hours of the day - unless it’s a fur baby photo in the #pets-to-make-you-live-longer channel.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
Empathy - Think of others; think of your users
Growth Mindset - Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Intellectual Honesty - The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
Focus & Efficiency - Keep the main thing the main thing
About the Role
As a Business Development Rep Manager you’ll own the strategy of how we’ll achieve our outreach goals along with helping the team execute on the day-to-day. The BDR Manager will develop a testing framework and ways to measure success while improving results consistently over time. The tech landscaping is rapidly evolving and new ways to reach buyers are emerging everyday, so we want you to come to the table with creative ways that we can position our team as trusted resources in the market.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of business development representatives, managing daily activities and weekly prospecting strategies to achieve weekly and monthly goals for setting appointments for sales team
- Bring new ideas for prospecting including all forms of outreach and social selling
- Collaborate with marketing partners to develop messaging and collateral
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leadership on prospecting strategies and campaigns aligned to the go-to-market strategy
- Ensure leads generated are qualified, and communicate with sales team members
- In a player-coach role, own some direct outreach activities and goals
- Maintain data quality and keep records up to date in CRM and lead management systems
- 5 years experience in business development roles, with at least 2 years managing a team
- Proven experience building and scaling process and methodologies for a team
- Experience prospecting to software development teams and engineering leaders
- Knowledge of software development methods, tools and platforms
- Experience with Salesforce and various prospecting tools
- Curious - enjoys learnings, asking questions when they don't know something
- Humble - always seeking to get better and to learn
- Authentic and Engaging - are themselves on a call like they would be over a lunch with friends
- Detail-oriented - doesn't miss a thing
- Helpful - is driven to help customers regardless of outcome
- Creative - always coming up with new ideas
- Adaptable - can take on different roles depending on the need
We offer market-leading compensation, including equity, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet some or most of what we're looking for, we want to hear from you, and if you’re unsure - apply anyways!
What do I need to interview with OpsLevel?
Not much! A working web camera, microphone, and (ideally) a quiet place with minimal background noise.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
See more open positions at OpsLevel
Something looks off?