Developer Community Manager
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
As a developer community manager, you'll lead the growth and nurturing of our community through several initiatives. You'll run our champion program, which recognizes key contributors and empowers them, in turn, to lead within the community and help other developers on their Orkes' journeys. You'll help build our online communities, including a fast-growing Slack Channel and a YouTube channel. You'll also work to define and run future programs.
This is a cross-cutting role that interfaces with our developer relations, product, and marketing teams. As such, our ideal candidate has a wide range of skills and is able to speak the language of software developers, marketers, and product managers. If you've worked with open source communities, all the better.
- Define and run developer community programs for open source Conductor project
- Identify and nurture community leaders, and give them the resources they need to help onboard new developers with our technologies
- Represent the developer community to the Orkes product, marketing, and open source teams
- Represent Orkes in the community building around Conductor and the Microservices world
- Demonstrated experience in managing a community (e.g., events, meetups, clubs, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to building an open, diverse, and inclusive developer community
- Experience building open source developer communities
- Ability to define goals, measure results, and communicate impact
- Thought leadership or participation in the community experience community
- Awareness of community management software platforms
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Annual personal development fund
Work headphones reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Life Insurance options
Orkes is on a mission to empower developers around the world to easily build highly scalable applications. We plan on doing that by taking one of the most popular open source workflow orchestration platforms, Netflix Conductor, and making it easy for companies to use it as a cloud delivered service.
Developers across various industries are already using Conductor to power mission critical applications; that adoption is only the start of what's possible as Orkes works closely with, and contributes back to, the passionate Conductor open source community. Our team consists of the original founders of Conductor and we are well capitalized and backed by leading VC and angel investors.
The company we are building is anchored on our core values of mission focus, bias for action, finding energy from having diversity across multiple dimensions and building an inclusive culture for everyone. Our approach to bringing massive impact to various industries is by putting our customers & their needs at the center of our strategy and then delivering the right products and class leading operational excellence to force multiply the impact our customers are delivering.
All of this starts with hiring and growing an amazing team, and that's why we want to talk to you - wherever in the world you are!
Why join us?
We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for making developers' lives easier. We are an early stage growth mode startup, we are funded by some of the best names in Silicon Valley.