Product Support Specialist
Product, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
While helping our users, the Operations team works closely with every part of Orkes, learning the intricacies of how we build products, manage risk, launch new countries, and keep users happy. As a part of our growing, global Product Support team, you’ll spend most of your time interacting directly with our users (Developers) and ensuring that they have a stellar Orkes experience.
Many of our Product Support team members grow to specialize in focus areas like risk, enterprise, sales, and product. If you’re constantly curious, exceptionally tech savvy, and an outstanding communicator we want to hear from you!
- Spend the majority of your time troubleshooting complex user issues and communicating with users on Slack, email (and sometimes by phone)
- Work with Engineering and other Operations teams to diagnose and solve technical user problems
- Become the expert in all Orkes products
- Optimize our support documentation and processes to improve users’ experiences and help scale our operations
- Spend some time analyzing our processes and instigating changes to help scale our operations
- Gain unique insights into how thousands of clients on Orkes scale and operateHave an opportunity to learn how Orkes operates from the ground up and make a real impact on the future of the organization
- Proficiency working in a technical environment and comfortable working to solve technical user issues
- Prior experience with SQL, data analysis, or using technical tools to troubleshoot a range of user issues
- The ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with minimal guidance
- Technical savvy and can navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to user inquiries
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to interact with users clearly and empathetically
- Enjoyment in talking about about technical concepts, has great analytical skills, and will be comfortable - explaining how Orkes works to a range of audiences
- Empathy for users and can quickly grasp the issues they’re facingThe ability to solve open-ended problems
- Willingness to work at least 2 weekend days per quarter - you’ll receive a weekday off of your choosing the week following a weekend shift
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Annual personal development fund
Work headphones reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Life Insurance options
Orkes is on a mission to empower developers around the world to easily build highly scalable applications. We plan on doing that by taking one of the most popular open source workflow orchestration platforms, Netflix Conductor, and making it easy for companies to use it as a cloud delivered service.
Developers across various industries are already using Conductor to power mission critical applications; that adoption is only the start of what's possible as Orkes works closely with, and contributes back to, the passionate Conductor open source community. Our team consists of the original founders of Conductor and we are well capitalized and backed by leading VC and angel investors.
The company we are building is anchored on our core values of mission focus, bias for action, finding energy from having diversity across multiple dimensions and building an inclusive culture for everyone. Our approach to bringing massive impact to various industries is by putting our customers & their needs at the center of our strategy and then delivering the right products and class leading operational excellence to force multiply the impact our customers are delivering.
All of this starts with hiring and growing an amazing team, and that's why we want to talk to you - wherever in the world you are!
Why join us?
We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for making developers' lives easier. We are an early stage growth mode startup, we are funded by some of the best names in Silicon Valley.