Software Engineering Lead
Cupertino, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
We are seeking a lead software engineer with a strong background in building distributed systems and platforms to help us build the platform that is used by developers across the world to build distributed applications.
- Lead and maintain open source project https://github.com/Netflix/conductor
- Design and implement key components of the service
- Lead a team of software engineers (Code and design reviews)
- Explore, investigate, and prototype leading-edge concepts
- Help us push the boundaries of what is possible
- Expertise building distributed systems in Java or Golang.
- Experience with Redis and Postgres is a bonus
- Experience building event driven architecture and messaging systems
- Familiarity with cloud deployment models, docker and/or kubernetes
- Production deployment experience
- Comfortable with test automation, and other engineering best practices
- Proven ability to work independently, lead a software project, and mentor junior software engineers
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Annual personal development fund
Work headphones reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Life Insurance options
Orkes is on a mission to empower developers around the world to easily build highly scalable applications. We plan on doing that by taking one of the most popular open source workflow orchestration platforms, Netflix Conductor, and making it easy for companies to use it as a cloud delivered service.
Developers across various industries are already using Conductor to power mission critical applications; that adoption is only the start of what's possible as Orkes works closely with, and contributes back to, the passionate Conductor open source community. Our team consists of the original founders of Conductor and we are well capitalized and backed by leading VC and angel investors.
The company we are building is anchored on our core values of mission focus, bias for action, finding energy from having diversity across multiple dimensions and building an inclusive culture for everyone. Our approach to bringing massive impact to various industries is by putting our customers & their needs at the center of our strategy and then delivering the right products and class leading operational excellence to force multiply the impact our customers are delivering.
All of this starts with hiring and growing an amazing team, and that's why we want to talk to you - wherever in the world you are!
Why join us?
We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for making developers' lives easier. We are an early stage growth mode startup, we are funded by some of the best names in Silicon Valley.