Senior Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2022
As a Senior Technical Writer at Orkes, you will apply your considerable writing and technical skills to create compelling content that shows developers, product, devops and business owners, how to use Orkes and Netflix Conductor to solve their workflows orchestration and application building needs
To succeed in this role, you must have the technical background to learn bleeding-edge tools very quickly. You must be passionate about writing, with a focus on clarity, straightforward storytelling, and an information architect's approach to organizing material. The work is going to come fast and furious, we are growing at an unprecedented rate, but you'll never let up on your attention to detail or your advocacy for the customer. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
- Write Content:
- Write high-impact documentation for all parts of the engineering lifecycle, including deployment and configuration guidance for Developers and devops engineers, user guidance for engineers, API and command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, sample apps, and best practices guides
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
- Collaborate closely with customer-facing technical staff (support engineers, solutions architects, developer relations) on best practices, onboarding material, and other scenario-based guidance
- Contribute to doc site infrastructure and information architecture improvements:
- Help doc team develop a persona-driven and use-case-based information-architecture approach to organizing contents
- Help doc team in its continual effort to improve authoring and production tools and processes
- Edit content and manage approvals:
- Edit content contributed by engineering and the field for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, adherence to style, and fit within information architecture
- Manage contributed articles through technical review, content edits, and publication
What we are looking for:
- Writing and editing:
- Sufficient documenting sophisticated technologies for developers and IT professionals, or equivalent work experience (as a software developer, product manager, or solutions architect, for example)
- Experience documenting SDKs, APIs, and similar tools
- Mastery of the tools of the technical writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding (or intuition!) of the rules of grammar and usage
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply them
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Entrepreneurial, "can-do" approach
- Proficiency in HTML, lightweight markup, and Git
- Understanding of cloud and distributed infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Obsession with technical accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to understand and test code samples in one of the following: Python, Java, GoLang
- Experience performing data analysis with Web Analytics tools to drive decision-making on creating effective content
- Experience developing short video tutorials
- Experience creating effective and attractive diagrams
Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
Annual personal development fund
Work headphones reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Life Insurance options
Orkes is on a mission to empower developers around the world to easily build highly scalable applications. We plan on doing that by taking one of the most popular open source workflow orchestration platforms, Netflix Conductor, and making it easy for companies to use it as a cloud delivered service.
Developers across various industries are already using Conductor to power mission critical applications; that adoption is only the start of what's possible as Orkes works closely with, and contributes back to, the passionate Conductor open source community. Our team consists of the original founders of Conductor and we are well capitalized and backed by leading VC and angel investors.
The company we are building is anchored on our core values of mission focus, bias for action, finding energy from having diversity across multiple dimensions and building an inclusive culture for everyone. Our approach to bringing massive impact to various industries is by putting our customers & their needs at the center of our strategy and then delivering the right products and class leading operational excellence to force multiply the impact our customers are delivering.
All of this starts with hiring and growing an amazing team, and that's why we want to talk to you - wherever in the world you are!
Why join us?
We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for making developers' lives easier. We are an early stage growth mode startup, we are funded by some of the best names in Silicon Valley.