Software QA Analyst
About the job
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon, Athenahealth, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
We seek a full-time QA Analyst contractor with extensive experience with QA processes, challenges, and solutions. Also, a great candidate who is used to and enjoys working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment and wants to excel as a part of a proud and bellwether engineering team, whose work is critical to the company.
In order to be considered you must have great English language domain and communication skills, be familiar with Agile and SAFe, and do QA under those frameworks. You will also be passionate about doing QA, resourceful, a proud team player, and proactive. On the technical skills part of the job, experience with Charles Proxy is a must and knowledge of API and OTT testing on both Web and mobile devices. You will work alongside us and one of our most special clients, a significant player in the media industry. This role will be a contract through the end of 2024.
Requirements and Summary
- Project duration: Remainder of 2023 and the whole of 2024.
- Location: You must be based in the US or Canada and can work from 9 am – 5 pm Eastern time Monday to Friday, on occasion, you may need to work 9 am – 5 pm Pacific. You will be fully remote, however must be accessible and engaged with the client during these hours.
- Project Focus: You will be a Software Quality Assurance Analyst following Agile methodologies on this project, you will be focused on testing setup and execution, analytics, and tracking validation with this client.
- Type of testing: Functional + Analytics/AdOps.
- Hours: The initial workload will be 20 hrs a week for the first 3-4 weeks. Once you are fully onboarded you will be working 40 hrs per week with this client.
- Must have devices: Laptop or Desktop (MacBook preferred)
- Nice to have devices: AppleTV (tvOS)
- Pay is starting at $20 USD/hr
- 2 years of QA Analyst experience, familiar with acronyms, oracles, and testing paradigms and methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Charles Proxy for API/Analytics testing (setting up devices, call analysis, log export, troubleshooting)
- Working experience in Agile methodology, sAFE preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps.
- At least 2 yrs experience in writing test cases, QA best practices, testing phases, and reporting.
- Bug-tracking management systems, such as JIRA.
- Nice to have: Previous experience testing analytics implementation (ensuring tracking frameworks are working correctly).
- Previous experience with tracking frameworks from Adobe, Comscore, Nielsen, Conviva.
- Fluid English writing and speaking skills: you’ll be attending remote meetings every day.
- Proactive self-starter with great communication skills and strong time management abilities.
- Ability to create and document your work and processes, and provide reports.
- Provide constructive feedback to testers.
- Self-manage your workload and responsibilities as well as delegate appropriate tasks.
What you will be doing
- Performing analytics testing using Charles Proxy as the tool of the trade to ensure critical tracking components are correctly working between releases.
- You’ll perform regression testing (analytics) and feature testing and will participate in release-candidate sign-offs in a fast-paced, proactive environment.
- Raising issues following the client’s guidelines and best practices regarding issue reporting and advocacy.
- Engaging daily with the customer as a part of a Scrum Team to identify the needed testing scope and to update the customer on testing progress and results.
- Working on client requests from start to finish, identifying relevant scope based on customer’s input, estimating needed work task efforts, verifying the testing environment, preparing relevant test plans/mind maps/materials/guides and tools, involving relevant testers, triages reported issues, supporting testers, providing feedback and compiling meaningful end reports.
- Identifying and solving technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical locations and using network traffic monitoring tools.
- Raising project and team-related risks, problems, and questions to the relevant stakeholders and taking the initiative to solve them.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to test plans and tests created by other stakeholders.