Software Test Automation Engineer (API & UI Automation)
Software Engineering, Design, Quality Assurance
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About the job
We’re looking for a Part-Time Software Quality Engineer based in LATAM who has experience with API and UI automation testing, as well as a willingness to perform ad hoc manual testing. The successful candidate will be working remotely on a cloud-based quality management system.
- Location: Anywhere in LATAM
- Type of testing: UI & API Automation and ad hoc manual testing
- Workload: 20 hours per week | 4 hours a day | Monday to Friday
- Type of work: Part-time – fully remote
- Contract Duration: Nine months (Starting from January 2024)
- Supporting hours: 9.00 – 13.00 MDT
- Devices: Mobile (iOS & Android) and Laptop (Windows & Mac)
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in test automation-focused meetings to collaborate and share insights.
- Develop and maintain API test suites using tools like Postman and Newman, while also creating new test suites as needed.
- Provide assistance for API test automation, primarily based on Selenium.
- Contribute to build testing within the CI/CD pipeline.
- Generate comprehensive reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test data.
- Conduct technical root cause analysis of defects and prepare detailed reports on the findings.
What You Need To Succeed?
- Minimum three years of experience in technology consulting, including developing test automation solutions.
- Five years of experience and knowledge in test automation and automated testing.
- High proficiency in API and UI test automation.
- Experience with cloud-based test automation using services like BrowserStack and/or AWS.
- Experience and willingness to perform manual testing when required.
- Experience in CI/CD test automation integration.
- Competence in testing web, mobile, native applications (iOS & Android) and Mac.
- Experience with WebdriverIO, Appium, and Selenium.
- Having experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Driven to earn quickly and continuously expand knowledge.
- Comfortable with a frequently changing environment and able to adapt fast.
- Team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.