Experience Marketing Manager
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon Athenahealth, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
As the Experiences Marketing Manager, you will play a vital role in shaping Testlio’s image to the world. Your role will center around creating engaging experiences that increase Testlio’s brand awareness and drive positive interactions with clients, prospects, and the media. This includes developing and executing a diverse range of virtual and in-person experiences like webinars, podcasts, conferences, executive dinners, and corporate events. Additionally, you will manage Testlio’s media outreach, public relations, and organic social media.
In this role, you will have complete oversight over the entire process, from developing the initial concept to planning the experience, executing it flawlessly, and reporting on its success. To excel, you will identify the right opportunities and use your event management expertise, organizational skills, and creativity to make each experience a memorable and effective one.
You will also leverage your exceptional negotiation skills to secure the best deals and prices on all fronts, driving high return on marketing investments (ROMI).
Alongside creating events and experiences, you will manage Testlio’s relationships with the media. You will identify the right stories and pitch them to journalists, podcast presenters, and industry influencers to expand Testlio’s media coverage and share of voice. You will also secure suitable speaking opportunities and award submissions to reinforce Testlio’s reputation as the top-of-mind, most credible brand in software testing.
Why You Will Love Working at Testlio
- Fast-paced company with no bureaucracy, empowering people to make decisions and own initiatives.
- Global team with colleagues from all around the globe and ongoing virtual events to keep us connected.
- Great culture where everyone lives and breathes our six values.
- Fully distributed model, giving you room to work from anywhere within your region.
- Work-life balance, with generous time off benefits and personal wellness days.
- Stock options on top of your base salary – we are all owners at Testlio!
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental benefits, and access to mental health support.
- Continuous learning support where you will have a personal development fund.
Please note: based on our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas like New York and San Francisco.
What Would Your Day Look Like
Virtual and In-person Events (65% of your time)
- Research and identify the industry events that Testlio should participate in. This involves determining the appropriate engagement format for each opportunity, whether it is sponsorship, attendance, or keynote speaking. Then handling the negotiations and managing the execution to ensure successful participation and ROMI.
- Lead the entire planning process for Testlio’s owned events, from start to finish. This involves conceptualizing the goals, content, and structure for various events such as webinars, podcasts, executive dinners, galas, and corporate events.
- Develop comprehensive event timelines, project plans, and critical path analysis to ensure smooth event execution and timely completion of all tasks.
- Plan and manage all aspects of event logistics, including budgeting, venue selection, contract negotiation, audiovisual requirements, transportation, and accommodations.
- Implement effective registration processes, including attendee databases and RSVP management.
- Coordinate invitations, promotional campaigns and post events communications, in collaboration with the marketing and design team.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to measure event success, identify areas for improvement, and provide recommendations for future events.
PR and Media (25% of your time)
- Identify the media outlets and industry influencers that Testlio should target and build strong relationships with, and take the lead on establishing these relationships.
- Liaise with the media, by engaging in proactive pitching, responding promptly to requests from journalists, and facilitating interviews with Testlio’s team.
- Explore sponsorship opportunities with podcasts and influencers, negotiate sponsorship deals, and carry out execution.
- Select the best industry awards to participate in and coordinate the submission process.
Social Media (10% of your time)
- Manage Testlio’s social media calendar, ensuring consistency across all channels.
- Work with content and design teams to develop high-quality social media content.
- Identify joint marketing opportunities by monitoring the social feeds of our customers and partners, in addition to actively monitoring Testlio’s mentions.
What You Need to Succeed
- Fluid English writing and speaking skills: you’ll be attending remote meetings every day and coordinating with US media and conference organizers
- A solid track record of planning and executing successful events in a corporate setting.
- Experience with large-scale, virtual events in a tech-focused company is preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and contract management capabilities, coupled with prior budget management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and last-minute adjustments.
- Knowledge of event production, audiovisual equipment, and technical requirements is highly desirable.
What is the Candidate Consideration Process
We seek to hire individuals who will be excited about their role and have the potential to grow with Testlio. Since we are 100% distributed, it’s important for us to provide you the opportunity to meet with multiple stakeholders throughout the organization. This gives you insight into the role and a chance to interact with future peers. Our interview process can take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete as we want to ensure a great fit for everyone.
- Hiring manager interview
- TestGorilla assessment
- ~ 3 Team and Stakeholder interviews
- Hiring manager additional conversations
- Reference checks
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal-opportunity employer deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are female-founded and 46% of our team identifies as women. See the DEI section of our website for more information.