Software QA Tester (functional and analytics testing)
About the job
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon, Athena Health, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
We are hiring several Full-Time QA Testers based in the Americas who will be focused on functional and analytics testing for a large social media company. You’ll be responsible for engaging directly with the client day to day, working 100% remotely within a large QA team. This is a contract role, with 40 working hours per week (8 am – 5 pm PT Mon-Fri), for the entirety of 2024.
This role requires Software QA Testers with great English communication skills, are familiar with Agile and SAFe methodologies and who can perform manual software testing under those frameworks. We’re looking for someone passionate about Software Testing, resourceful, who enjoys a remote team setting, and proactive in their day-to-day responsibilities.
Please note: due to our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas such as Toronto, New York City, San Francisco, etc.
Requirements and Summary
- Project duration: This project will last through Jan 2025
- Location: This is a fully remote role for anyone based in the Americas
- Schedule: Your hours will be Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Pacific Time
- Timezone: You must reside within a 3-hour timezone of Pacific time for this role
- Type of testing: Analytics/AdOps/Functional
- Project focus: You will be a Software Quality Assurance Tester following Agile methodologies on this project, you will be focused on testing setup and execution, analytics, and tracking validation with this client
- Must have devices: cell phone (iOs or Android) MacBook or Windows
What you need to succeed
- Proven experience (2+ years) as a Software Tester or similar role, with a strong understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with test management tools such as TestRail, Xra, or similar
- Knowledge and experience with defect tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla or similar
- Proficiency in identifying and documenting software bugs and issues
- Experience with these primary testing categories: functional, regression, and analytics testing
- Experience with mobile and web applications frontend and backend testing
- Ability to solve basic technical tasks required during testing – such as test data generation, log capturing and basic analysis, working with browser developer tools, network logs analyzers, etc
- Sound understanding of SDLC
- Experience in working in agile teams in a remote environment – proven track record of communication and collaboration with different stakeholders such as Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and others
- Curios and genuine interest in the field of software testing
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
- Drive to learn quickly and continuously expand knowledge
- Comfortable with a frequently changing environment and able to adapt quickly
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Fluid English writing and speaking skills, proactive self-starter with great communication skills and strong time management abilities
- Ability to create and document your work and processes, and provide reports
- Be a good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences
What you will be doing
- Execute smoke, scripted, and exploratory test cases on mobile, web, and desktop platforms
- Reproduce issues found during testing
- Document and report test results, including bugs and potential risks
- Communicate findings to the development team and stakeholders
- Conduct functional, analytics, and regression testing to ensure software applications meet quality standards
- Configure and prepare test environments per instructions provided by the client
- Design and optimize appropriate test data
- Provide clear feedback about outdated, incomplete, or inefficient test cases
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that software products are delivered on time and meet customer expectations
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in software testing methodologies and tools
What is the Candidate consideration process?
We do our best to bring on individuals who will be excited about their role and have the potential for a great future with Testlio. Since we are 100% distributed we give you the chance to meet with multiple people throughout the organization to give you an idea of who you would be working with, and what the role expectations will be. Our interview process can take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
- Recruiter interview
- Testing exercise & TestGorilla exercise
- Hiring Manager interview
- Technical interview
- Stakeholder interview
- Client Introduction
- Background check
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal-opportunity employer deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are female-founded and 46% of our team identifies as women. See the DEI section of our website for more information.