About the job
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon, athenahealth, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
With a growing client base, Testlio is seeking a Testing Manager to be part of our Testing Team and play an integral role in our clients’ journey with Testlio. A Testing Manager is responsible for the success of our testing delivery, taking care of the important activities of clients’ testing projects, including test scope planning, test run management, and results reporting. You will be working closely with clients, the Testers, Test Leads, other Testing Managers, Testing Delivery, and our Engagement Managers to ensure that testing is executed with the Testlio stamp of quality.
Testing Managers work from their own location (e.g. home office) and collaborate with a fully distributed team across the globe (Testlio partners with testers in more than 150 countries). Watch our TestLions tell you about being a Testing Manager:
Why You’ll Love This Job
- Channel your passion for software testing and be integral in helping our clients build amazing app experiences for users and for some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- You get to manage Testing for multiple hot-trend mobile and web applications from different industry verticals (Healthcare, E-commerce, Retail, Finance, Media, etc)
- Be the trusted go-to testing expert for your clients.
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment with a thriving business model, an experienced leadership team, and a top-tier client roster.
- Collaborate with strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations.
- You’ll receive paid time off for all of the holidays in your country, in addition to 20 plus days of Testlio paid time off every year
- Additional benefits available such as performance bonus and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work flexibly in a distributed by-design company, be a part of our global culture, and contribute to the TestLion Pride.
What would your day look like?
- Working with multiple clients and working closely with relevant client-side stakeholders to align and execute successful testing strategies, ensuring tight process integration and exceptional results.
- Ensuring the quality of a Test Run by following recommended approaches established within Testlio as well as accounting client-side expectations.
- Defining the testing strategy for a single Run as well as for the project as a whole for a foreseeable future.
- Leading and coordinating Test Runs – identifying relevant scope, estimating needed work task efforts, verifying the testing environment, preparing relevant test plans/mindmaps/materials/guides and tools, building a team from our network of Test Leads and Testers following the unique criteria for the project, triaging reported issues, supporting testers, providing feedback and compiling meaningful end reports.
- Raising project and team-related risks, problems, and questions to the relevant stakeholders and taking the initiative to solve them.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to test plans and tests created by other testing managers.
- Identifying and solving technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical location, using network traffic monitoring tools, and so forth.
- Proactively defining priorities based on the work backlog.
- Understanding and working within the boundaries of the project’s success and financial metrics, such as margin, target utilization, NPS, and more.
- Monitoring project’s quality KPIs and taking appropriate actions to improve them.
- Get involved with business areas our Testing Managers are currently working on: B2B, Software, Commercial, Media, Health & Wellness, Financial, and more.
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years of hands-on software testing experience.
- Passion, curiosity, and focused interest in the field of software testing.
- Good comprehension of test automation principles and strategies of its application together with manual testing and excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and procedures.
- Experience with android and/or iOs native mobile test development.
- Being analytical and detail-oriented with an ability to give constructive feedback to testers.
- Experience in collaborating with multiple client-side stakeholders.
- Fast learner, continuously improving knowledge in the testing and software development domain.
- Working well under pressure and in an environment of constant change.
- Someone who likes to have flexibility in their work hours and wants to work remotely.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and strong presentation skills, as the role entails talking with clients.
- Strong time management, problem-solving, task delegation, and prioritization capabilities.
- Good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
- Previous experience in Project Management will be a bonus.