Senior DevOps Engineer
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- You must enjoy working at a startup - the most important aspect we look for in colleagues is their internal motivation to do great work, in a supportive and collaborative culture.
- You Work well as an individual or as part of a team.
- You love a good challenge and learning new things.
What skills do I need?
- Exposure and facility with the following is beneficial: Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, AWS, Azure, Go, Typescript, Kibana/Elasticsearch, Prometheus/Mimir/Thanos, Terraform.
- Understanding and experience of enterprise data persistence layers (both NoSQL and SQL databases, key/value stores, messaging like AMQP/MQTT, etc) is relevant.
- Independent of any one technology, experience in managing cloud-based workloads at scale - and understanding the need for effective observability and monitoring - are challenges we are currently addressing.
- And in harmony with Tulip’s overall ethos, candidates should have an interest in designing and continuously improving internal processes throughout our organisation.
- The TechOps team is responsible for the development, deployment, health, and management of Tulip’s multi-cloud SaaS environments.
- The team also owns the CI/CD infrastructure, internally-developed tools, and generally supports developers that are designing and building Tulip applications and services.
- We see the harmonisation of infrastructure and software as a key factor for our success. Thats why TechOps is closely connected to our developers during the entire software lifecycle.
- Product Management & Design
- QA team
- Hardware team
- Edge team
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.