Technical Program Manager
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- You are a passionate, organized problem solver
- You are skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their stakeholders
- You have experience developing engineering processes and getting teams of engineers organized, using agile best practices and leveraging automation tools
- You are familiar with engineering concepts and architecture, project artifacts and metadata, which you can turn into visuals that clearly communicate technical plans and status
- You are able to maintain a strategic view of the software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in technical program management and/or engineering management
- 3+ years experience working in an engineering organization with a preference for experience as a software engineer
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing agile/scrum best practices
- Experience with PM tools like Jira and Confluence
- Preferred: experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes), Software as a Service, enterprise customer base
- Provide hands-on engineering and program management, cross-functional coordination and external communication to deliver outstanding program outcomes
- Work closely with engineers, designers, testers, product managers and other engineering teams
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders
- Develop processes for project flow that are agile and lightweight
- Keep project artifacts and metadata at a high level of relevance and value
- Take responsibility for several technical programs for the Tulip platform
Engineering, Product Management, Design
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.