Software development Manager - Hungary
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- Built large SaaS products in past roles (specifically user-facing products)
- Worked or designed connected edge/cloud environments and architected systems
- Hired, mentored, and grown people with a variety of technical backgrounds and experiences
- Worked with Product and Design teams to help scope work
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of experience building cloud software used daily by customers
- 3+ years of leading software teams
- Working understanding of fundamental web and networking concepts, including HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, sockets, proxy servers
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs over a microservice architecture
- Experience with Redux, NodeJS, Go, Elixir, Electron, MongoDB, Postgres, websockets
- Bias for action and impact
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers in building products and delivering value to customers
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and encouraging environment
- Create and manage a roadmap for product releases and updates, balanced with technical debt and architectural improvements
- Manage a team through agile processes and procedures
- Provide technical design insight as well as solution architecture planning
- Work with other engineering leadership to align on priorities
- Product Management
- Commercial Teams
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & Development benefits
Our office is located in the Corvin Quarter, next to Corvin Mall, hybrid work schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.