Customer Support Lead
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
Tulip is continuously looking to expand our Global Customer Support team to provide a world-class experience for our customer base. We’re looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about team, process, and culture building.
This role covers two distinct areas of responsibility: people leadership and customer ownership.
- You are excited about being part of a successful start-up, building processes, and growing a team
- You have hired, mentored, and grown people with a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- You have organized support teams and understand day-to-day operations
- You have designed strategies with KPIs and other metrics to report out on team and customer health
- You pride yourself on delivering the best possible experience for customers
- You are comfortable working with customers from the shop floor to C-suite representatives
- You are willing to serve as a point of escalation and work with the team to resolve requests in a timely fashion
- You have direct experience working in a support organization in a customer-facing capacity
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years working within a customer support organization
- 3+ years leading a customer support team
- Experience with customer support in SaaS is considered a positive
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bias for action and impact
- Oversee the US-based customer support team
- Lead and mentor a team of support engineers
- Continuously improve upon internal documentation, business practices, and team structure
- Develop strategy for how customer support reports key metrics to the company
- Serve as both a technical expert and leader for customers in need of support - providing timely, accurate, and complete responses to inquiries
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues, working with cross-functional teams as needed
- Communicate voice of customer for the continued development of the platform
- Commercial teams responsible for customer health: Customer Success, Account Management, Channel Managers
- Software, Hardware, and DevOps engineering teams
- Engineering Operations (QA, SDET, TPM)
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.