Senior Product Designer
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator.
- You’re a systems thinker, considering how to drastically simplify experiences for novice users while acknowledging deep technical logic, dependencies, and constraints.
- You design for scale, building experiences that enable users to grow their platform usage and experience greater value over time.
- You welcome feedback, actively seeking critique, deriving inspiration from use cases near and far, and using data to back up your design decisions.
- You value impact over output, measuring success not by how many concepts are in your design tools, but the quality of what ships to the customer.
- You embrace ambiguity, diving empathetically into abstract user needs and shaping them into clear, concise design requirements.
What skills do I need?
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated collaboration with product management and engineering, consistently advocating for your users.
- Experience with interaction design best practices, device and platform conventions, and accessibility standards.
- Experience across the end-to-end design process , from early research to post-launch learnings.
- Ability to document and communicate pixel-perfect designs, with enthusiasm for clear file structures, naming conventions, and organized layers.
- Solid understanding of front-end frameworks such as React (bonus points if you can code) and their impact on feasibility.
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools (we use Figma).
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, demonstrating attention to detail and craftsmanship as well as ability to think critically about impact, scope, and tradeoffs in design decisions.
- Deliver design solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our users by efficiently implementing user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Prototype and communicate concepts to create new features, improve existing experiences, and provide meaningful impact for Tulip users.
- Use data and research to inform design decisions, whether it’s finding opportunities in analytics, interviewing new users about their needs, or usability testing feature concepts.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and PMs to build, ship, and learn quickly.
- Deliver iterative, scalable solutions that account for technical constraints, localization, and accessibility.
- Understand and evolve components and patterns within Tulip’s design system.
- Be a champion of design quality, enabling Tulipians across functions by volunteering ideas, feedback, and opportunities to learn, improve, and grow.
Product Design, Product, Engineering, Customer Team, Marketing
Working At Tulip:
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.