Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Systems - HU
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
The Tulip Embedded team focuses on development of the Tulip OS. The group maintains and supports bootloader, kernel, and userspace development for Tulip Hardware (Edge MC, and Edge IO) and beyond.
Additionally, you will work alongside product management and customers to identify key features, product performance, and strategic planning.
- Built large embedded (Linux) products in past roles (specifically user-facing products)
- Worked or designed connected edge/cloud environments and architected systems
- Worked independently on problems and learned in the process
- Worked on an interdisciplinary and diverse team
- Worked with Product and Design teams to help scope work
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years of experience building embedded products used daily by customers
- Experience with a systems language (i.e., C, C++, Rust)
- Experience in an OS build system (Yocto, Buildroot, Android)
- Experience with shell scripting and command line environments
- Familiarity with common hardware buses and devices (eg, I2C, SPI, PCIE)
- Working understanding of fundamental web and networking concepts, including HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, sockets, proxy servers
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs over a microservice architecture a bonus
- Experience with Redux, NodeJS, Go, Elixir, Electron, MongoDB, Postgres, websockets a bonus
- Experience as a team lead or technical lead for a software team is a bonus
- Bias for action and impact
- Maintain the Tulip Operating system (eg, building, packaging, and supporting the OS)
- Configure and maintain routing, networking, and device configurations
- Maintain and add bootloader, kernel patches, and device trees on Tulip hardware
- Port the Tulip OS to other hardware targets
- Maintain and support OS toolchain and versioning
- Debug and resolve customer issues with support staff and technical teams
- Support security related tooling for engineering firmware releases and release process
- Hardware and Software engineers
- Hardware Manufacturing
- Software QA
- Applications Engineering
- Product Management
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & Development benefits
For Hungarian openings: our office is located in the Corvin Quarter, next to Corvin Mall.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.