Automation Engineer - Embedded Systems - HU
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
The Tulip Embedded team focuses on development of the Tulip OS. The group maintains and supports bootloader, kernel, and userspace development for Tulip Hardware (Edge MC, and Edge IO) and beyond.
- You love a good challenge and learning new things.
- You like to solve problems and drive process improvement with a strong quality mindset.
- You are meticulously detailed and organized.
- You are eager to figure out why things are broken and turn your learnings into improved processes.
What skills do I need?
- Familiarity with firmware release process tooling, image signing
- Experience building & maintaining CI/CD tooling and testing (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Experience building automated testing environments for embedded devices
- Experience with command line interfaces and general shell scripting
- Familiarity with an interpreted or scripting language (eg, Python, Lua)
- Experience with logic analysers and hardware debugging are a bonus
- Experience in an OS build system (Yocto, Buildroot, Android) is a bonus
- Bias for action and impact
- Automate embedded device testing using scripting, CI/CD, and tooling
- Maintain build pipelines for the operating system
- Develop hardware-in-loop CI/CD testing with integrated reporting and status
- Build release tooling at Tulip for both hardware and embedded software.
- Hardware and Software Engineering
- Product & Design
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & Development benefits
For Hungarian openings: our office is located next to Kálvin Square. We have a hybrid work schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.