Head of Product Management
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
This role is a flexible hybrid role based out of our Somerville, MA HQ.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (you're self-driven and you don’t need direction), an affinity for the fast-paced environment of a start-up, a sense of humor, and get-it-done personality
- You can easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically across multiple projects
- You have deep user empathy and the ability to build relationships with key customers
- You are mission-first and understand that your success is measured by your product and team’s success
- You are an experienced people leader, and can grow and manage a high performing team
What skills do I need?
- 8+ years of experience working as a product manager at a SaaS company. Enterprise experience is a plus
- Can hire, coach, motivate, and develop team members in product management practice
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and collaborator
- Strong technical background and excel at analytical thinking
- Ability to determine product vision, execute product strategies, and guide product management practices
- Product management experience in SaaS organizations and have demonstrated success in partnering with Software Engineers and Commercial teams
- Lead the Tulip Product Management team and work across multiple teams to identify areas of growth and scale for our existing products and beyond
- Work with our customers to understand their needs and act as voice of the customer in product discussions then infuse that into creation of new and improvement of existing products
- Work closely with Design and Engineering counterparts to build, ship, and learn quickly
- Develop and own key parts of our product strategy and roadmap
- Build, maintain, and continuously upskill a strong team of product managers
- Empower your team by providing context, setting direction, and building alignment
- Work cross-functionally with leadership, go-to-market teams, and other key stakeholders across the company to launch new products and features
- Be a thoughtful team leader, help make your teammates better and motivate them to do the best work of their careers. Set and maintain a high bar of quality for your team’s product
- Help the team define and track key success metrics. Work with the rest of the product team to build processes that will scale as our team and company grow.
- Build project management practices around agile and scrum methodologies.
- Communicate needs between product team, executives and stakeholders.
- Plan strategy development, create a product roadmap and help contribute to the vision and development of the product itself.
- Head of Product, Head of Engineering, CEO
- Product team (Product Managers, Product Operations, and Product Designers)
- Engineering team
- Product Marketing team
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.