Software Engineer - HU
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and willing to wear many hats
- You have lead and built teams
- You love to write software that is clean, efficient, and has a beauty to it.
- You are an excellent communicator of complex technical ideas.
- You have a product mindset and an empathy for the end user.
- You love a good challenge and learning new things.
- You are comfortable moving around a large technology stack to understand how those features work and contribute to different parts of the platform.
- You love mentoring and helping others grow
What skills do I need?
- 5-8+ years of experience, ideally at a SaaS enterprise software company
- We don't require experience with any specific technologies, but we currently use React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang, Elixir, Electron, MongoDB, Postgres, Docker.
- Experience with machine tools and/or manufacturing is a strong plus.
- Experience with US companies is a plus
- Experience with startups is a plus
- Language: Fluent in English, Hungarian (German or any other EU languages are a plus)
- Build an engineering team for a subsidiary of a fast-growing US startup (supporting recruiting, onboarding, mentoring, operational responsibilities)
- Effective communication with other team members and external partners
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Help break down complex projects into discrete tasks
- Run sprint planning and coordinate the work of others on the team
- Product & Design
- Product Management
- EU Operations
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
- Private Healthcare
- Learning & Development benefits
For Hungarian openings: our office is located in the Corvin Quarter, next to Corvin Mall.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.