Regional Sales Life Sciences Lead
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
About the Role:
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Manager to lead our North American life sciences sales team. This player-coach role is based out of our HQ in Boston and is pivotal in expanding our footprint in life science accounts. You will spearhead our sales efforts, targeting top-level executives and front-line operators within the life sciences sector. This position requires a blend of leadership, hands-on sales execution, and strategic planning.
- You have experience managing teams with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- You are on the front lines working with large strategic customer accounts from the life sciences industry.
- You are equally experienced and comfortable presenting from top-level executives to front-line manufacturing operators in Life Science companies. Mapping and navigating complex relationships with multiple stakeholders each with individual interests and responsibilities will be key to your success.
- You successfully navigated a complex sale into companies from the life sciences space.
- You are used to build, manage and close opportunities within a pipeline of proof of concept and expansion deals.
- Acronyms like ERP, MES, GxP, eBR and eDHR are part of your daily conversations.
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing a sales team
- Minimum 5 years selling into Life Science accounts at top management levels
- Experience selling manufacturing solutions to the life sciences industry
- Experience with SaaS/PaaS is a big plus
- Recent experience managing a diverse pipeline across multiple types of life sciences customers
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to operate and move deals through complex organizations
- Possess a strong background of achieving over 100%+ of your quota
- Ability to coach on prospecting and penetrating new accounts
- Experience in “Value Based” selling and closing large enterprise deals
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com; organize / report on all sales productivity on a consistent basis
- Experience working with channel partners is a plus
- Support the team in breaking into large, complex deals from lead to close.
- Experience navigating large company procurement processes.
- Drive account strategies and coordinate selling efforts with channel partners to execute a sales process and win deals.
- Manage multiple customer opportunities with multiple partners at once while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and coach and manage your team.
- Build accurate forecasting and an operational cadence with management
- Drive referenceable customer satisfaction in your accounts
- Expertly demonstrate Tulip technology to end users
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT and cloud solutions.
- Develop champions, stakeholder mind-share and close at the VP/C-level.
- Customer Team, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Channel Partners, Operations, Finance, etc.
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.