Engineering Team Lead - Analytics
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2024.
We’re looking for a deeply technical, people-oriented Software Engineering Manager to lead our Analytics team in Munich. You’ll drive the vision for one of our core product teams, who own Tulip’s analytics, dashboarding and reporting capabilities. In this role, you’ll work closely with the other engineering and design teams at Tulip to help scope work, determine the roadmap, and ensure that everyone is working together effectively. Your leadership will be the backbone for key areas of Tulip’s technical growth.
This role is based out of our Munich office on a flexible hybrid schedule.
You possess high levels of technical talent, programming skills, people management skills and a keen desire to deeply understand our product. You have honed your technical skills through years of building and delivering web-based products, then figured out how to make the jump over to building teams. You’re passionate about mentoring engineers and helping them grow. You are a collaborative and motivated self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive right in and lead from the front.
You also love collaborating across the organization with hardware, design, and customer teams on key projects. You’ll work with the other engineering leads to cultivate and grow our engineering culture.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack development, 1-3 years in a leadership role
- You can pick up new languages/frameworks with ease. We don’t require specific experience with the stack that we use, but we currently use Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring and run Go and Typescript services on Kubernetes
- You can communicate as well as you can code. You understand the value of discussion and champion teams with clear and frequent communication.
- Built large web products in past roles (specifically user-facing products)
- Worked on all areas of the web stack, architected systems
- Helped mentor and grow people
- Built a cross-functional team that handled both technical improvements and customer-facing features
- Work across technical teams to deliver a holistic product
- Build processes and structure to guide a growing team
- Hire and mentor new engineers
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Engineering teams
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- In-office catered lunches and stocked kitchens
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.