Pre/Post Sales Engineer
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Singapore, Germany, and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2024.
- You are genuine, humble, and curious
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are adaptable to dynamic environments
- You have experience in or are open to working in a startup environment
- You're able to collaborate on go-to-market strategies and projects with strategic partners
- You’re a process-oriented leader experienced in managing large projects
- You’re skilled in engaging with stakeholders at all levels, from the shop floor to C-Suite executive
- You’re customer-centric, passionate about listening and learning, and you believe in finding better solutions for day-to-day manufacturing challenges
- You're driven to improve systems, implement best practices, and enhance quality
- You're involved in architecting solutions, demos, and scoping based on customer needs
- You’re detail-oriented and a quick learner of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- You’re eager to work cross-functionally, increasing Tulip's exposure and accelerating sales cycles.
What skills do I need?
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Computer Science), MSc degree is a plus
- Basic coding experience and knowledge of SQL
- 5+ years of IT or technical application delivery experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably working with MES solutions)
- Prior experience as a MFG process engineer is a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as ERP, MES, MOM, etc.
- Experience in selling or working with manufacturing companies for digital transformation
- Excellent business writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Passion for technology and knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions
- Strong project management, creative thinking, and strategic skills
- Ability to work out of Tulip’s Singapore office to help grow Tulip’s presence in APAC
- Partner with strategic account representatives and managers to secure the "technical win"
- Deliver high-impact technical demonstrations of Tulip solutions regularly to our customers in APAC
- Clearly articulate Tulip's benefits to diverse stakeholders, including Executives and IT
- Provide comprehensive technical Pre-sales support to channel and strategic partners
- Collaborate with prospective technical stakeholders for alignment and commitment
- Manage internal requests and contribute insights for cross-functional departments
- Perform needs gathering and requirement analysis for new customers
- Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery
- Assist in responding to RFx and technical assessments
- Partner closely with customers in APAC, understanding their challenges and goals
- Guide and support these customers during Tulip adoption in their operations.
- And overall, empower our customers by maximizing Tulip's potential!
- Sales team:
- Account executives
- Channel Partner Management
- Strategic Partner Management
- Customers based in APAC
- Customer Services Team:
- Customer Solutions
- Customer Success and Account Management
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.