Junior Corporate Counsel
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
Legal at Tulip supports the entire Tulip organization, providing counsel and advice on any topic and/or activity relevant to any and every team at the company. Tulip Legal handles the review and negotiation of all contracts and performs research and provides advice on corporate governance, employment, intellectual property, general corporate topics, data privacy, real estate, and whatever else may happen to be pertinent. In this role, you will work directly with, and be mentored and trained by, the General Counsel of Tulip. You will also interface directly with many other teams at Tulip, including People Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Finance. You will have the opportunity to do hands-on work and to have a complete view of the role of legal and compliance in a fast paced, high growth technology company that has been recognized as one of Boston’s Best Places to Work.
Under guidance of the General Counsel, you will support our global business with contract negotiations, drafting and revisions, drafting policies and procedures, due diligence, creating training presentations, conducting privacy impact assessments. You will also research employment regulations and build out new jurisdictions.
- Have either practiced law in a law firm or company for at least one year or have held a role as a paralegal at a law firm or company for at least two years
- Can work out of our Tulip HQ in Somerville
- Naturally creative, curious, and inspired to learn new things
- Want to be exposed to many facets of a growing company
- You quickly prioritize and organize your time
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
Working At Tulip:
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.