Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- 4-6 years in an IT function
- You have either managed people directly or you have experience leading through project/program management - you want to be a people leader.
- You are a player coach; you are comfortable both getting your hands dirty in the weeds while thinking big picture. You're in charge of making the work for other team-members easier and enabling them to reach their goals.
- Service-oriented; you enjoy supporting other people and helping them out.
- Motivated; requiring little instruction or guidance from their direct manager.
- Problem solver; experience with identifying and escalating issues.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with team members.
- Ability to learn quickly on the go; you have a love of learning and love of helping others to grow.
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment.
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead and develop Tulip's global IT function: IT help desk, network administration, IT asset management, information security, access management, MDM, SSO, A/V, and more.
- Build a strategic plan and support all global Tulip's IT needs across our Somerville HQ, Munich, and Budapest offices (and any future offices we open).
- Provide support to end-users across applications, endpoints, and other IT systems.
- Own the internal office networking, WiFi, and VPN; tackle typical networking issues on your own and know when to call in an external expert.
- Manage technical projects that have company-wide impact and high criticality, such as new system implementations or infrastructure changes
- Identify and implement process improvements with effective change management
- Be the primary technical point of contact for IT-related vendor bidding and selection process, and support through implementation as needed.
- Work closely with business users to translate business needs into detailed business requirements, user stories, use cases, test plans, configuration settings.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support the company regarding all aspects of IT business processes, systems, and technology.
- Manage AV equipment for conference rooms and large-scale events.
- Train and onboard new Tulip employees regarding IT & information security.
What skills do I need?
- Strong ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and the shipping of high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and escalate issues appropriately.
- Experience with information and network security.
- Experience with SaaS platform management, such as Google Workspace, Jumpcloud, and Atlassian
- Experience with stakeholder management and developing professional relationships with business owners.
- Experience with networking, wifi configuration, and debugging.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Marketo, and/or Workato
- Experience configuring and customizing Jira projects
- Coding experience
- SOC2 experience
- FedRamp experience
Working At Tulip:
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.