United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2022
Vectara is on a mission to provide a scalable platform for neural information retrieval, to help our customers build the next generation of semantically-aware search systems. Our founding team includes industry veterans (Amr Awadallah, co-founder of Cloudera), and experts in neural IR and distributed systems from Google.
This position is for strong developer and IT operation engineers with an interest in overseeing neural networks deployed and operating in production.
Come help us build the future platform for information retrieval!
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps including automated system configuration, application deployment and maintenance, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Real-world experience managing production systems on large-scale AWS and Kubernetes environments.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, MySQL, AWS technologies including EKS, VPC, IAM, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, Cognito, EC2, S3.
- Experience with CI/CD (Bitbucket/Git) pipelines.
- Scripting experience with Python.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: Terraform, ClickHouse, Prometheus, Grafana, Logging infrastructure, Observability frameworks, security, SOC2 compliance.
- Build deployment solutions for internally developed software. Build and maintain cloud environments to specifications assembled with other developers.
- Propose setup and improvements to CI/CD pipelines, and implement them.
- Automate tasks as much as possible. Build and deploy proactive monitoring and alerting tools. Provide recommendations to developers.
- Oversee third-party infrastructure, e.g., logging platform, observability framework.
- Analyze application performance, identify bottlenecks, and recommend improvements.
- Design and implement disaster recovery.
- Propose and deploy geographically distributed solutions.
- Upgrade, and maintain current production deployment systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of developers.
Equity and Salary Range:
Salary is just one component of Vectara’s employee compensation. Our full-time employees are also equity owners in the company, which although not an immediate cash component, can have positive impacts on long-term total compensation for each participating employee. We would be remiss if we didn’t highlight and celebrate our focus on engaging many of our employees in being economic co-owners of the business.
The annual base salary range for this position is between: $150,000 – $200,000 USD. The salary range is dependent on the candidate's experience and location.
Vectara welcomes all. We value the collective wisdom of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Vectara has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, curious. After all, we are on a mission to find meaning.
Perks and Benefits:
100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision begins on your first day! Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA). Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, and company rest days. Professional development and training opportunities. Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities and more.