Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Vectara is on a mission to provide a scalable platform for neural information retrieval, to help our customers build the next generation of semantically-aware search systems. Our founding team includes industry veterans (Amr Awadallah, co-founder of Cloudera), and experts in neural IR and distributed systems from Google.
This position is for strong backend software engineers with an interest in advanced applications of AI, machine learning, and neural networks to language understanding.
Come help us build the future platform for information retrieval!
- Expertise in Java (collections, concurrency)
- Experience in designing and building distributed systems
- Comfortable with Linux and Docker
- Interest and background in any of these areas is a big plus: gRPC, Protobuf, Kubernetes, AWS, Lucene, OAuth2, Kafka, Cryptography, ML
- Interest and willingness to learn concepts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep neural networks
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- A self-starter
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance distributed applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (documentation, code reviews, refactoring, testing etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Collaborate with a distributed team of developers
Vectara welcomes all. We value the collective wisdom of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Vectara has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, curious. After all, we are on a mission to find meaning.