Marketing & Communications, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Join us as we pursue our mission to help the world find meaning. People at Vectara are passionate about helping customers take advantage of breakthroughs in applied AI to discover and learn more about their business and the world around them. Our team is a group of unquestionable all-stars in their respective fields of computer science and business.
We are seeking our first technical writer to help our users understand Vectara's neural search and generative AI platform. You’ll write and build API documentation, user interface documentation, guides, and other written collateral to help users and developers get the most out of the platform.
- Create, edit, and maintain technical documentation including user guides, API documentation, and other materials. The best candidates will be able to look at https://docs.vectara.com and https://github.com/vectara/vectara-docs and say “I can own making those better!”
- Work closely and collaboratively with Vectara’s product and development teams to ensure the documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the product and its technical requirements
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, developer advocacy, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that documentation aligns with business and user objectives
- Continuously review and update existing documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage the documentation process, including version control, content review, and publication
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably on a technical, API-first product
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience working with software development teams and an understanding of software development processes
- Knowledge of search technologies and methodologies
- Experience with documentation tools such as git and markdown
- A bachelor's degree in technical communication, computer science, or a related field is strongly preferred. Vectara is used primarily by developers, so empathy with those users and ability to craft helpful development guides would be very useful
- Experience with Docusaurus, OpenAPI specifications, and/or Postman would be excellent
Vectara welcomes all. We value the collective wisdom of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Vectara has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, curious. After all, we are on a mission to find meaning.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision begins on your first day! Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA). Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, and company rest days. Professional development and training opportunities. Company virtual happy hours and fun team-building activities and more.
EQUITY AND SALARY RANGE:
Salary is just one component of Vectara’s employee compensation. Our full-time employees are also equity owners in the company, which although not an immediate cash component, can have positive impacts on long-term total compensation for each participating employee. We would be remiss if we didn’t highlight and celebrate our focus on engaging many of our employees in being economic co-owners of the business.
The annual base salary range for this position is between: $120,000 – $170,000 USD. The salary range is dependent on the candidate's experience and location.
See more open positions at Vectara
Something looks off?