Field Engineer - APAC & Middle East
Southern Asia · East Asia · Oceania
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
People at Vectara are passionate about helping users take advantage of breakthroughs in applied AI to discover and learn more about their business and the world around them. Our team is a group of unquestionable all-stars in their respective fields of computer science and business.
Vectara is looking for an experienced Field Engineer to join us. You will be connecting the user with the magic of our product, aligning our capabilities to the pain points and/or business opportunities they are attacking. You relish the idea of thinking in modern, unconventional ways to show off how Vectara can solve some of the most persistent and difficult problems humans face in finding and using information.
You will work as an integral part of our Sales, Support, and Customer Success motions, providing technical assistance to the customer in all phases of their journey with us. This includes assisting them as they first learn about the product and conduct their evaluation… then helping as they build their first production application… then providing technical support once they have launched… then working with them to expand usage over time. By doing so you will play an integral part in delivering sales and customer satisfaction outcomes for our business.
To do this well you will maintain a strong relationship with Product and Engineering, so you can effectively answer customer questions while ensuring that what we build meets the requirements of the market. You will need to carry yourself as the CTO of your region, being the technical face of the company and building relationships with the technical leaders within the customers you serve. In this way you will positively influence your customers and help them successfully navigate their way through the emerging Generative AI space.
While accomplishing the above big picture outcomes, your day-to-day tasks will include the following: providing technical product expertise; assisting customers with architecture and design decisions; presenting to the C-level; delivering ongoing communication of the latest Vectara capabilities; building groundbreaking prototypes and demos to support awareness of our latest innovations.
If you enjoy being a technical thought leader who provokes fresh ideas on what is possible and provides clear explanations for how to incorporate Gen AI into impactful products, we should talk.
- Understand, evaluate and help pinpoint the challenges within client applications; identify where Vectara products can have the most impact
- Help Vectara customers design and launch differentiated solution offerings, via technical presentations, brainstorming sessions and debugging sessions
- Provide hands-on technical support to Vectara’s customers and prospects
- Serve as a technical liaison between customers, partners, and our internal teams
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the worldwide Vectara community
- Demonstrate Vectara products in person, online, at events, in workshops, and anywhere else we have a chance to interact with our customers
- Responding persuasively to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Establish and maintain relationships with key technical staff and leadership in the accounts you serve, grooming a network of loyal champions along the way
- 5+ years of relevant Sales Engineering experience, or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience, ideally in the search, data and/or ML spaces
- 5+ years of experience in the sales and support of data, applied AI, SaaS services, data management and/or developer-centric products to Engineering and IT organizations
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms, including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Compelling storyteller, with experience building product narratives and pitches
- Ability to communicate complex technology crisply and simply
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent field of study; MS a plus but not required
Vectara welcomes all. We value the collective wisdom of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Vectara has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, curious. After all, we are on a mission to find meaning.
Perks and Benefits:
100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision begins on your first day! Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA). Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, and company rest days. Professional development and training opportunities. Company virtual happy hours and fun team-building activities and more.
Equity and Salary Range:
Salary is just one component of Vectara’s employee compensation. Our full-time employees are also equity owners in the company, which although not an immediate cash component, can have positive impacts on long-term total compensation for each participating employee. We would be remiss if we didn’t highlight and celebrate our focus on engaging many of our employees in being economic co-owners of the business.