Full Stack Engineer (Pakistan & Egypt)
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Vectara is on a mission to provide a scalable platform for building Generative AI products, to help our customers build the next generation of AI systems powered by Large Language Models. Our founding team includes industry veterans (Amr Awadallah, co-founder of Cloudera), and experts in Large Language Modeling, Neural IR and distributed systems from Google.
This position is for a strong full stack software engineer with an interest in advanced applications of AI, machine learning, and neural networks to language understanding.
Come help us build the future platform for GenAI applications.
- Develop sample code, tutorials and demo applications of Vectara for the developer community.
- Contribute to open source projects that Vectara integrates with. Create excellent relationships with open source committers and contributors.
- Participate in the design and development of open source tools and projects that help Vectara developer community be more efficient
- Develop scripts to measure success of Developer Relations
- Create content (e.g. blog posts or example documentation) to help developers be more successful with Vectara
- Expertise in both front-end (HTML, CSS, NodeJS, React) and back-end (Python)
- Experienced with developing and using APIs
- Experienced in software engineering best practices, documentation, testing, code review and refactoring
- Comfortable with contributing to open source projects
- Comfortable with using Linux, databases and SQL, as well as cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Docker
- A self-starter, that can quick learn new tools or software packages and use them effectively in projects
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
Equity and Salary Range:
Salary is just one component of Vectara’s employee compensation. Our full-time employees are also equity owners in the company, which although not an immediate cash component, can have positive impacts on long-term total compensation for each participating employee. We would be remiss if we didn’t highlight and celebrate our focus on engaging many of our employees in being economic co-owners of the business.
Vectara welcomes all. We value the collective wisdom of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Vectara has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, curious. After all, we are on a mission to find meaning.
Perks and Benefits:
100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision begins on your first day! Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA). Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, and company rest days. Professional development and training opportunities. Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities and more.