Senior Customer Success Manager
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
VGS Customer Success team engages our corporate customers to achieve their strategic objectives and maximum value from their investment and drive overall adoption. This critical function serves as the liaison between the customer and the VGS ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Finance/RevOps, Sales, and Implementations.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager at VGS, you’ll be managing a portfolio of customers, mainly top-tier and strategic ones. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the lifecycle and understanding each customer’s business objectives, driving adoption, and tracking outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy across your portfolio. You will organize and lead cross-functional tasks at VGS, specific to the needs of clients in your portfolio.
What you will be doing at VGS
- Manage a book of business consisting of approximately 50 accounts.
- Drive immediate onboarding activities such as integrations and training for new customers by partnering with VGS and customer implementation teams
- Own and nurture relationships with our larger customers, which includes, but is not limited to: increasing adoption/utilization, ensuring retention, working collaboratively to expand revenue, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Establish a partnership with customers in order to build Customer Success Plans, defining critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid in achieving their goals
- Empathize with every aspect of our customer’s experience, from onboarding to renewal, and on!
- Measure and monitor customers achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally and externally
- Establish regular cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly) with each assigned client, performing Executive Business Reviews
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our solution and services
- Help Identify, manage, and work closely with Sales Representatives to close up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Represent the voice of the customer across the organization to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Identify opportunities for customers to be brand champions and advocates, build testimonials, case studies etc
- Assist in workshops to help customers leverage the full value of VGS solution
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- 6+ years of customer-facing experience, mainly as a Customer Success Manager
- Prior experience increasing satisfaction, driving adoption, retention, and revenue expansions
- Experience growing an existing account base
- Experience in maintaining a minimum of 95% renewal revenue to minimize churn
- Drive new business growth through greater customer advocacy
- Experience working with Sales Representatives to expand revenue through cross-selling and up-selling
- Experience working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers
- Experience driving process improvement and building new processes in a startup environment
- Strong leadership, project management, presentation skills and a bias for action
- A high-degree of empathy, impressive executive presence, and communication abilities
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering and more.
- Experience with tokenization, payment processing, cryptology, and security products highly desired
- BA/BS preferred
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $115,000 - $140,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled). Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?