Senior Product Designer
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
We are seeking a rockstar senior product designer to join a growing product design team for our payment optimization product suite. VGS Payment optimization team is operating a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The industry is undergoing a radical change as fintech evolves and new interaction patterns emerge. Our goal is to build a product and ecosystem that unlocks opportunity for users, merchants, and financial institutions. We are focused on growth, scale, and putting our users and their needs first.
We believe that user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our users love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX team is passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work with collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
What you will be doing at VGS
- Take complex users scenarios and convert them into simple, fluid and delightful experiences; Drive innovation through visual, interaction and information design;
- Work and co-create with a talented and diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and individuals across the organization;
- Partner with BU Heads, Product Managers, Team Leads, and Developers to shape end-to-end experiences from conceptualization to production;
- Conceptualize, design, and prototype new features and components of the firm’s web & mobile platform (Design System);
- Think visually while successfully and effectively communicating design ideas;
- Strategically design UIs using evidence based best practices;
- Develop and present designs to internal stakeholders and other team members;
- Serving as the go-to person for the platform’s design system recommendations, while working closely with development teams, business analysts, and project owners throughout all phases of product development;
- Maintain and systematically improve design standards to align with the industry’s best practices;
- Create and support a diverse and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and where we are enabled to do our best work.
What we are looking for (Requirements)
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent experience in product design, industrial design, human computer interaction, or information design.
- Excellent Interaction Design, User Research and Usability Testing methodologies and processes knowledge
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience creating user-centric design solutions.
- Ability to self-motivate and work under deadline constraints.
- A continuous learner when it comes to design, UX, and technology, who can integrate these learnings into their work.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and roles to create, define, deliver, and support effective designs.
- Have strong verbal and writing communication skills to be able to articulate your ideas with various stakeholders.
With VGS Payment Optimization customers can avoid payment service provider lock-in. They can choose the fastest, most cost-effective, most reliable PSP to process each transaction.
- Strive to improve the checkout experience through this product suite.
- Lower payment transaction failure rates with automated card lifecycle management.
- With VGS, customers own the data, not the payment service provider. This information and message should be consistently delivered to the users.
- As a product designer, you will be tasked to make this experience seamless and delightful for our customers and create those aha moments while using the product.
What’s unique about VGS:
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $130,000 - $170,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled). Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?