Senior Full Stack Engineer, Developer Experience
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Developer Experience team and play a pivotal role in crafting the tools and systems that empower developers to use and integrate with our product with ease and fun.
What will you be doing at VGS
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications and tools that enhance the developer experience including:
- Web SDKs
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical guidance to ensure the team’s success.
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- Experience with Postgres and Prisma for database development.
- Knowledge of source control concepts, and experience with Git/GitHub.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (such as CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.).
- Practical experience writing automated and unit tests.
- Practical knowledge of Docker.
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed, high-quality code on time.
- Passion for improving developer experience and a commitment to quality.
Would be a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and AWS infrastructure is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience working with SDKs or contributing to open-source projects.
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $149,000 - $187,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
We value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled).
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
VGS will not be able to support any kind of employment sponsorships at this time.