Senior Product Manager
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
As a Platform Product Manager, you will own a subset of components from the platform roadmap and drive gathering feedback, validating the roadmap, driving implementation, customer adoption, and usage of those feature sets. This is a mission critical role and you’ll play a key part in securing the environments of thousands of customers by securely collecting, storing, and exchanging sensitive data.
We are seeking global talent to support our VGS product portfolio by specifically focusing on the VGS platform which owns our data plane that contains our compute, proxy, and storage infrastructure as well as the adjacent control plane components such as IAM, observability, and usage APIs.
What will you be doing at VGS
- Own and execute the vision, strategy, roadmap, and customer adoption for large feature sets of the VGS Platform including VGS vault, proxy, compute analytics, and reporting products.
- Work with customers and cross-functional stakeholders to define a multi-quarter product roadmap, drive feature analysis, planning, and execution through the entire product life-cycle.
- Partner with engineering and UX design to prioritize, conceptualize, and implement while balancing time-to-market needs.
- Use A/B testing, analytics, market research, usability studies, and competitive analysis to drive GTM decisions.
- Define and proactively monitor key performance metrics to support and inform product decisions. Engage in problem solving with analytics to determine trends and root causes.
- Partner with Customer Support in solving problems for our users.
- Build a high performance product culture through strong customer obsession, ownership, thinking big, diving deep, and delivering results.
- Represent VGS as a thought leader externally, e.g., industry events, media briefings, analyst events.
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- 2+ years of product management experience, with experience in B2B SaaS or cloud infrastructure space.
- Ability to think big and yet have a strong passion for details
- Ability to immerse in customer environments, empathize, and derive insights
- Ability to dive deep and work with engineering to define requirements and drive customer innovation
- Experienced in defining product KPIs, measuring critical metrics, and driving clarity of execution across the organization with data driven decisions
- Adept with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customer behavior, ability to explore and structure customers’ insights to inform prioritization.
- Passion for user-centric design, efficient workflows and innovation in the security and infrastructure space
- Proven leadership and ability to think big, execute with strong ownership, inspire change, and drive results
- Ability to thrive in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Engineering background required with a working knowledge of RESTful APIs, kubernetes, oAuth.
- Well versed in network or system architecture and able to explain and design systems using well known and understood design principles.
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $125,000 - $180,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
We value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled).
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
VGS will not be able to support any kind of employment sponsorships at this time.