Staff Software Engineer
Who We Are
Vividly is the leading modern trade promotion management (TPM) solution built by and for the consumer packaged goods industry. From campaign creation to deductions management and promotion measurement, we help brands manage every element of trade spend. With our easy-to-use platform and industry-leading experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to bring businesses to the next level.
Not familiar with trade promotion spend? That’s OK. Most people aren’t. It’s a $8 trillion dollar problem that is ripe for disruption by an innovative SaaS startup. In order to grow, consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands spend 20% of their topline revenue to get into retailers and promote their products within those retailers. The problem is that today 70% of those promotions are not ROI positive. This is because ROI is hard to track. The industry operates on emails, pdfs, and xls spreadsheets. At Vividly, we’re solving this massive problem with exciting tactics including AI, Machine Learning, and Fintech and adding value to everyone in the chain. Some of our customers include brands you may use and love - Liquid Death, Amy’s, and Laird Superfoods.
As a Staff Engineer for Vividly, you will partner with Design and Product—and other departments—to shape our flagship features as we build the connected future of trade for our customers. You will uplevel our growing engineering team and help enable us to ship new products and features efficiently. You will help mentor and guide the professional development of more junior engineers. You will demonstrate a strong impact not only on the engineering team, but across multiple cross-functional units.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to a team of software engineers, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements, and propose elegant technical solutions that address them.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and maintain best practices.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and emerging technologies, evaluating their potential impact and recommending their adoption where appropriate.
- Identify and address technical challenges or risks, proactively proposing solutions to ensure successful and timely project delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align engineering efforts with business goals and priorities.
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of new software engineers, contributing to the growth of the engineering team.
What We Look For
- 10+ years of experience working as a software engineer in architecting, building, and scaling products
- Experience with our tech stack (GCP/Python/Django/React/Redux/SQL/Docker) or a similar stack
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo
- Exceptionally strong analytical, communication, and mentorship skills demonstrated through experience; detail-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take the initiative to get things done
- Willing to work with a diverse set of people with different backgrounds and experiences
- Experience working as a software engineer in architecting, building, and scaling products; demonstrated business-level impact across multiple cross-functional teams
- Remote employee (work from anywhere in the US)
- Equity grant
- Flexible PTO
- 100% coverage of Healthcare, dental, vision insurance for employees
- 401K Match Program
- Weekly Sharebite meal credit
- $200 stipend for phone and internet
- Company Off-sites
- Compensation range from $180,000-$205,000, based on experience
Vividly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.