Head of Engineering
Who We Are
Vividly is the leading modern trade promotion management (TPM) solution built by and for the consumer packaged goods industry. From campaign creation to deductions management and promotion measurement, we help brands manage every element of trade spend. With our easy-to-use platform and industry-leading experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to bring businesses to the next level.
Not familiar with trade promotion spend? That’s OK. Most people aren’t. It’s a $8 trillion dollar problem that is ripe for disruption by an innovative SaaS startup. In order to grow, consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands spend 20% of their topline revenue to get into retailers and promote their products within those retailers. The problem is that today 70% of those promotions are not ROI positive. This is because ROI is hard to track. The industry operates on emails, pdfs, and xls spreadsheets. At Vividly, we’re solving this massive problem with exciting tactics including AI, Machine Learning, and Fintech and adding value to everyone in the chain. Some of our customers include brands you may use and love - Liquid Death, Amy’s, and Laird Superfoods.
Who You Are
Reporting to the CEO, this is a critically important role as we continue to scale as a company. You will be able to shape what we already have and develop our engineering culture, our processes and our practices. You will be a key leader in the company with the expectation that you work very closely with the executive team and other leaders to ensure we are building an engineering team that is focused on delivering enduring value to our customers.
What You Will Do
Drive Business Value by Delivering with Velocity and Quality Consistently
- Collaborate closely with Product leadership to ensure we are working on the right things and at the right time
- Ensure the engineering team is consistently delivering customer value rapidly and with quality.
- Manage tech debt to optimize for speed and quality of business value delivery.
- Maintain a stable production environment that exceeds our uptime SLAs.
Engineering Team Management, Recruiting & Culture
- Manage, mentor and coach a team of engineers. Develop career paths and inspire personal growth.
- Recruit a world-class engineering team as Vividly grows.
- Create and maintain the bar for technical excellence.
- Build a supporting team that helps our Engineering team go faster, including DevOps and QA
- Establish the right blend of teams between North America and overseas.
Leadership Team Collaboration
- Build relationships with all members of our executive and extended leadership team to enable strong cross-functional bonds and collaboration
- Ensure the engineering team understands the needs of all of our cross-functional stakeholders.
Engineering Process & Full Operations
- Identify and track key engineering metrics to measure engineering success performance and alignment with business goals and strategy
- Develops and realizes a technical strategy in service of evolving business and product needs
- Co-own our Software Development Lifecycle with our Product leader and make continuous improvements
- Build out engineering tools, processes, & systems that help our Engineers be more efficient and effective
- Experience building and scaling data rich applications
What We Look For
- Experienced growth stage engineering leader. You’ve had experience leading an engineering function or team at a fast-paced Growth Stage startup (Series C and later).
- You are excited about solving problems that have not yet been solved, as well as advancing areas where we already have an initial product in place.
- Excellent team development - you have experience leading, mentoring and developing a team of engineers, including a team that is blended between the US and overseas. You love investing in the growth of your people
- You know great talent - you are a world-class recruiter and have a network of incredible engineers
- Track record of delivery - you have a proven track record of launching on time and with high quality in a fast-paced environment that is always changing
- Strong product instincts - you are a product-focused engineering leader and feel confident in partnering with product to deliver products that drives business value
- Strong technical background - you will lead our engineers to build out scalable systems and infrastructure
- 100% Remote position - Open to anywhere in the USA so long as you have internet
- Salary and equity - We base our salary bands off of current market data to ensure you’re getting compensated fairly
- Flexible PTO - and we really mean it! We want folks to utilize time off to help prevent burn out!
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision - We cover 100% of your monthly premiums and 50% of all dependents
- 401K through Betterment - Where we contribute 3%
- Weekly $20 Sharebite Stipend - For every meal you purchase using your Sharebite stipend, they donate a meal
- Monthly $50 Wellness Reimbursement - physical wellness, mental wellness, learning & development - we’ve got you!
- Monthly $200 Remote Work Stipend - Use it for your phone bill and internet
- Vividly Days Off - For every holiday, you get an additional day off! Whenever a holiday falls on a Monday or Friday, we turn it into a 4 day weekend! That means Vividly employees have 20 days of holiday right off the bat
- Compensation range of $220,000-$270,000
Vividly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.