DevOps and Internal Tools Engineer
Who We Are
Vividly is the leading modern trade promotion management (TPM) solution built by and for the consumer packaged goods industry. From campaign creation to deductions management and promotion measurement, we help brands manage every element of trade spend. With our easy-to-use platform and industry-leading experience, we pride ourselves on our ability to bring businesses to the next level.
Not familiar with trade promotion spend? That’s OK. Most people aren’t. It’s a $8 trillion dollar problem that is ripe for disruption by an innovative SaaS startup. In order to grow, consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands spend 20% of their topline revenue to get into retailers and promote their products within those retailers. The problem is that today 70% of those promotions are not ROI positive. This is because ROI is hard to track. The industry operates on emails, pdfs, and xls spreadsheets. At Vividly, we’re solving this massive problem with exciting tactics including AI, Machine Learning, and Fintech and adding value to everyone in the chain. Some of our customers include brands you may use and love - Liquid Death, Amy’s, and Laird Superfoods.
Who You Are
As a DevOps and Internal Tools Engineer for Vividly, you will partner with Design and Product—and other departments—to shape our flagship features as we build the connected future of trade for our customers. You will uplevel our growing engineering team and help enable our DevOps philosophies and practices. You will be heavily involved in creating our infrastructure and architectural decisions.
What You Will Do
- Build tools and processes needed to scale our product, data pipeline, and our engineering teams.
- Understand the features and products our customers use on a daily basis, and create strategies for agile developer observability.
- Apply CI/CD framework across our tooling and services.
- Improve deployment automation and tooling across the platform.
- Train and educate engineers on the operation and usage of features you are responsible for. Evangelize best processes and practices for the Vividly engineering team.
- Be flexible and pragmatic about building tooling to enhance developer experiences in a fast paced environment.
What We Look For
- Have 3+ years of DevOps or Internal Tools Developer work and a passion for infrastructure and developer experience.
- Strong background in DevOps/Automation methods and tools – e.g., Github Actions, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, OpsWorks, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with GCP.
- Good understanding of release management and have built robust CI/CD pipelines from source to validation.
- Familiarity with Postgres or other SQL-like database.
- Familiarity with how to develop processes with compliance and security in mind; knows their way around secrets and user-management in a multi-environment setting.
- Experience with observability systems like Prometheus, DataDog, Wavefront, Honeycomb, etc.
- 100% Remote position - Open to anywhere in the USA so long as you have internet
- Salary and equity - We base our salary bands off of current market data to ensure you’re getting compensated fairly
- Flexible PTO - and we really mean it! We want folks to utilize time off to help prevent burn out!
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision - We cover 100% of your monthly premiums and 50% of all dependents
- 401K through Betterment - Where we contribute 3%
- Weekly $20 Sharebite Stipend - For every meal you purchase using your Sharebite stipend, they donate a meal
- Monthly $50 Wellness Reimbursement - physical wellness, mental wellness, learning & development - we’ve got you!
- Monthly $200 Remote Work Stipend - Use it for your phone bill and internet
- Vividly Days Off - For every holiday, you get an additional day off! Whenever a holiday falls on a Monday or Friday, we turn it into a 4 day weekend! That means Vividly employees have 20 days of holiday right off the bat
- Compensation range from $120,000-$155,000, based on experience
Vividly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.